CORONA VIRUS COVID-19: Life FAQs
What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of respiratory viruses that can cause diseases of varying severity: from the common cold to severe acute respiratory syndrome.
How long does the incubation period of the new coronavirus disease last?
The incubation period is the period of time between infection and the onset of clinical symptoms of the disease. According to the WHO recommendations, the follow-up period for persons who have been in contact with infected individuals is 14 days.
Is there a cure for the new coronavirus disease?
There are currently no recommended medicines for the prevention or treatment of the virus. Patients are given symptomatic treatments. Moreover, the disease caused by the new coronavirus cannot be called “lethal”, as the mortality rate is 3.4%.
How the disease is transmitted?
It is now known that COVID-19 is transmitted by respiratory droplets and direct contact with infected individual. The virus does not circulate in the air but is transmitted from person to person. However, infected droplets may stay on plastic, metal and glass surface and contaminate them. The virus is not capable of moving over long distances. It is only in the drops that a person exhales while coughing or sneezing. Therefore, distance is a guarantee of safety. This is a factor in the interruption of the epidemic chain. Therefore, it is impossible to get infected even from an infected person if you are more than 1.5 m away.
What are routes of infection?
The droplet transmission is the most common mode. The virus most often gets on the mucous membranes of the nose, eyes through hands or other objects (handkerchief, gloves etc) after touching objects (animals, meat, fish, door handles, handrails and so on) contaminated with respiratory droplets of infected individual.
How to diagnose the coronavirus disease?
In the early stages of the new coronavirus disease, the symptoms are similar to acute respiratory diseases. However, only special tests can determine the new coronavirus disease.
What are the symptoms?
The most common symptoms are cough, fever and shortness of breath. In some cases, diarrhea or conjunctivitis.
What are the complications?
The new coronavirus can cause a severe pneumonia. That is his danger.
How important is timely diagnosis?
If you have returned from a country affected by the outbreak of the COVID-19 or have been in direct contact with an infected person within the last 14 days, contact your doctor for further instructions.
Who is at risk?
The course of the disease depends on the person’s immune system.
Elderly people as well as individuals with chronic illnesses and affected immune system are more vulnerable – they are more likely to develop serious complications and diseases.
According to the recorded cases of the coronavirus disease, health care workers represent a high-risk group too.
Persons who have had direct physical contact (for example a handshake) with an infected individual are at high risk to be infected with COVID-19. Moreover, persons who have been indoors with infected individuals in a distance up to 2 meters and over 15 minutes can more like get infected with the new coronavirus disease.
How to protect yourself against viral infections?
Strengthen your immune system and monitor your well-being, for example:
- Keep good nutrition, healthy sleep, physical activity and water balance of the body;
- Contact your doctor in time;
- If you have the first symptoms of the coronavirus disease, contact your family doctor immediately;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap for at least 20 seconds;
- Use antiseptic agents with an alcohol content of at least 60-80% for your personal hygiene and disinfection of surfaces;
- Avoid contact with people with symptoms of the coronavirus disease;
- Keep the minimum distance of 1.5 meters with those who have cold symptoms;
- Heat products;
- Avoid eating raw meat, meat by-products and eggs;
- Avoid touching your face;
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with dirty hands;
- Do not neglect simple preventative measures. Hand disinfectors and antiseptics are available in every toilet and public place. Unfortunately, face masks are not able to protect you from getting any virus, because the virus can enter your body through the conjunctiva of your eyes.
At FairPriceRx.com you can order prompt home delivery of all necessary products for your protection against the coronavirus disease at fair prices. Click here https://fairpricerx.com/protection to check the assortment now.