Chlorthalidone is a diuretic type of medication that normally treat hypertension (increased blood pressure), swelling and fluid retention, enlargement the heart chambers and kidney related problems. The kidney may fail to produce concentrated urine.
Chlorthalidone also performs preventive functions like bone fractures and kidney stone associated with calcium oxalate.
- The only available chlorthalidone oral is generic.
- Chlorthalidone oral drug treat hypertension and edema.
- The chlorthalidone usually comes in tablet form so that a patient can take it through the mouth.
Compared to hydrochlorothiazide in lowering blood pressure, chlorthalidone works effectively and its performance reverses all the process that increases blood pressure. It can be combined with angiotensin II orangiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor to lower blood pressure.
Things to consider when taking chlorthalidone
Here are the things you should put into consideration when taking the medication:
- Ensure that you take chlorthalidone with food
- Chlorthalidone oral tablets can be cut or crushed.
- Make sure you take chlorthalidone during the morning hours and at the same time for each day.
Azilsartan medoxomil 40 mg.
This tablet drug is very harmful to unborn. It is not recommended to be used by pregnant women. Azilsartan works by relaxing the muscles of the blood vessels making blood within the circulation to flow smoothly. Azilsartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker.it stimulates the kidney to remove the excess salts and water. This drug is used to treat high blood pressure.
Chlorthalidone 50 mg tablet.
It decreases excess salts and water in the body thus reducing edema and breathing problems which are caused by fluids accumulating in the lungs. It can be used in the treatment of diabetes insipidus and also to prevent calcium kidney stones in individuals with hypercalciuria. It also works by relaxing the blood vessels and thus reducing hypertension. For pregnant mothers, it should be used only when needed.
Atenolol works in a way that it prevents the body from absorbing excess salts that may cause fluid retention in the body. Pregnant women should not use atenolol because it is harmful to the fetus. If you have a serious allergy to atenolol then you should avoid it and use other types of
chlorthalidone tablets. If you find it hard to urinate stop using the tablet. If you experience any side effects after using atenolol consider consulting your doctor. Atenolol is a beta blocker.
The chlorthalidone cost is majorly based on a price guide that is accepted by many pharmacies. It can depend on the kind of pharmacy you went to. Chlorthalidone prices are invalid with insurance plans thus are only for customers who pay in cash.
Chlorthalidone gives out offers that are informed of free samples, rebate or trial offers. There are offers that require registration, others require one to fill in questionnaires and some are printed directly from the website.
Free or discounted chlorthalidone are normally provided during patient assistance programs for chlorthalidone which have been sponsored by various pharmaceutical companies.
Cost-effectiveness of chlorthalidone.
Chlorthalidone treatment is relatively less expensive as compared to other treatments such as Lisinopril or amlodipine.
Side effects of chlorthalidone
Many medications are known to cause side effects and this should not be an exception. If you find out that the side effects after using chlorthalidone are severe and persistent get advice from your doctor. You might be given the type of the same chlorthalidone diuretic drug that your body can tolerate.
The following are the side effects one is likely to experience when using Chlorthalidone:
- The skin sensitivity to sunlight is much increased.
- Feeling dizzy when you are getting up or standing from a sitting or when in either supine or prone position.
- Reduced sexual ability.
- Loss of appetite.
- Stomach upsets.
- Spinning sensation
- A severe headache.
There are some side effects which rarely do happen but when they appear and not checked on they might lead one into serious problems.
Side effects include:
- Having irregular heartbeats.
- Experiencing very severe stomach pains together with nausea and vomiting.
- Feeling pain or having difficulties when passing urine.
- The appearance of blood in urine and stools.
- Feeling pain in the joints.
- Skin yellowish and yellow eyes, these are the symptoms of potassium loss.
- Reduced mental activity (mental retardation)
Drugs that interact with chlorthalidone
The following are the drugs that interact with chlorthalidone:
- Calcium supplements.
- Anti-inflammatory indications.
- Medications used for the reduction of potassium levels.
Drugs interaction can interfere with how medications work and thus increases the chances of experiencing serious side effects. Don’t change or stop the dosage of any prescribed medicine before the doctors’ approval because some medicine contains ingredients that may raise blood pressure.
Chlorthalidone should be stored at room temperature and away from moisture and direct sunlight. Ensure that you keep the medications away from the reach of children and any other distracter.
Where to buy chlorthalidone
Manage your high blood pressure by having a dose of chlorthalidone from your doctor. You can buy chlorthalidone 25/50 mg online. When you have been prescribed with chlorthalidone you are capable of ordering it online from Europe at the Europinian prices simply by use of FairPriceRx, just send you the prescription to email@example.com and your order will be reviewed and processed by FairPriceRx health care team.
After making your order online the drug will be delivered right at your doorstep with an affordable shipping price rate.
You can buy chlorthalidone from Fair Price Rx at a cheaper price as we do not include additional costs like commissions to agents.
Adult dose (18 -64 years of age)
- Starting dosage; 25mg taken once after every 24 hours.
- Dosage increases; your physician or pharmacist can increase the 24-hour dose to 50 mg and late to 100 mg in the case where additional is required.
- Maintenance dosage; these doses may tend to be lower as compared to the previous doses. The doctor should adjust your dosage as per how the body is responding to medication.
- Maximum dosage; for every 24 hours should remain to be 100 mg.
Child dosage (0-17 years of age)
Chlorthalidone is not recommended for use in individuals who are below 18 years.
Senior dosage (65 years and above)
The aged individuals tend to process chlorthalidone at a slower rate thus they are needed to take a lower dose or be given a different schedule.
The chlorthalidone tablet is usually used for long-term treatment of high blood pressure.
If you may stop taking the drug suddenly or stop taking it completely the blood pressure may be high and end up increasing the chances of getting heart attacks and strokes. It is recommended that before you start any medication make sure you have consulted your doctor to avoid allergic reactions.