Our Best Sellers
Generic Clobetasol propionate lotion 0.5 mg - 30 g 1 oily ointment refers to the name of the drug Clobex 0.5 mg - 30 g 1 oily ointment. Clobex is the drug brand name and for that reason, it’s a popular name in the market.Clobex 0.5 mg ointment is classified under medications referred to as anti-inflammatory and antipruritic agents. The active ingredients of Clobex include Propylene glycol, Carbomer 1342, Purified water, sodium hydroxide, and polyoxyethylene.
Clobex 0.5 mg - 30g 1 oily ointment is used in the management of symptoms of inflammatory dermatoses and the treatment of severe plaque psoriasis. Clobetasol propionate comes as a colorless liquid which isn’t soluble in water.
Route of Clobetasol propionate 0.5 mg - 30g 1 oily ointment Drug Administration.
The action of Clobetasol propionate should be administered through the cutaneous route. You’re recommended to rub this ointment gently on the affected area. You’re also supposed to apply this lotion twice every day. This is in order to ensure that the maximum effective dose is able to act to suppress the inflammation.
It’s advisable that you keep this ointment out of sensitive sites. This may comprise your eyes, inside your nose and to your mouth. Clinically, only using the ointment by applying through the skin is the only recommended site of action.
Clobex 0.5 mg - 30g 1 oily ointment Dosing Instructions.
Using Clobetasol propionate 0.5 mg isn’t that hard. You need to make sure that you follow some simple rules to ensure that Clobetasol propionate lotion 0.5 mg works to your advantage:
1. You’re supposed to use Clobex only when there is still symptoms of the infection. Since it’s classified as an inflammatory, prolonged use of Clobex medication can have an impact on your dermal health.2. Apply this cream twice every day to ensure that maximum therapeutic effect is achieved. However, you should be cautious not to use over 50mg of Clobex medications.
3. Just like any other medication, use only Clobetasol propionate 0.5 mg - 30g 1 oily ointment for an intended purpose. It’s recommended that you use Clobetasol propionate lotion 0.5 mg utmost for 2 weeks. If the condition doesn’t improve, withdraw from taking Clobex 0.5 mg - 30g 1 oily ointment and ask your doctor for alternatives that can solve your dermatological problems.
4. You shouldn’t use Clobetasol propionate lotion 0.5 mg with a dressing unless it’s otherwise prescribed. In addition, make sure that you wash your hands thoroughly prior to the application of this ointment. This will ensure that contamination is avoided.
5. If you’ve planned for surgery then it could be wise if you stop using Clobetasol propionate 0.5 mg - 30 g 1 oily ointment. You can inform your physician on the use of the ointment as well to make it formal.
Factors that should be considered before using Clobex 0.5 mg Ointment.
• Age.Age plays a critical role in determining the use of Clobetasol propionate 0.5 mg ointment. For young children and adolescents, the efficiency of the ointment hasn’t been established yet. Don’t use Clobex 0.5 mg - 30g 1 oily ointment in children; contact your doctor so that they can give you alternative dermal medications.
On the other hand, the adjustments of the dose may be needed in the geriatric population. If you’re above 65 years of age, it’s advisable that you apply a small ratio of the initiating dose.
• PregnancyIf you’re either suspecting a pregnancy or it’s confirmed. It’s important that you approach Clobetasol propionate 0.5 mg - 30 g 1 oily ointment with caution. Be sure to contact your doctor before using Clobex medication. However, Clobex can be used if the risk of the infection is likely to affect the health of the fetus.
• Lactating Mothers.If your breastfeeding, avoid rubbing the ointment around the breast especially if the infection is close to your mammary glands. This is due to the fact that your baby is likely to consume Clobex 0.5 mg concentration which is likely to inhibit the digestion in the GIT.
• Pre-existing medical conditions.
If you have a history of liver or kidney disease, inform your doctor first before rendering on Clobex use. If you’ve other medical problems as well, tell your doctor so that the effectiveness of the drugs can be established.
Contra-indications/side effects Clobetasol propionate 0.5 mg - 30g 1 oily ointment.
• Irritation and pain on the site of administration.
• Swelling and rashes on your skin.
• Shortness of breath which may indicate an allergic reaction.
If the severity of symptoms is experienced, make sure that you contact your doctor after withdrawing from using Clobetasol propionate 0.5 mg - 30g 1 oily ointment.