Clobetasol propionate (clobex) ointment, is a corticosteroid which can be used as an anti-inflammatory treatment, anti-itch drug, or immune system suppressant. Clobetasol binds to glucocorticoid receptors, which activate the expression of genes that regulate anti-inflammatory molecules.
What does clobetasol propionate ointment treat?
This ointment treats a range of skin disorders, including plaque psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, acne, eczema, dermatitis, and sarcoidosis. It may be indicated in the management of autoimmune ailments, skin damages, and ailments.Clobex cream is used to manage corticosteroid-reactive diseases on the skin level while not breaking the skin barrier. The ointment is a contemporary (skin-applied) corticosteroid drug for managing skin conditions that haven’t responded well to other corticosteroids, including austere psoriasis and eczematous dermatitis. The scalp lotion and shampoo are used to treat psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis occurring on the scalp. Clobetasol 0.05 ointment works by decreasing inflammation, soreness, and irritation.
How does Clobex ointment work?
Each gram of clobetasol cream tube size comprises clobetasol propionate 0.05 mg. Spread over the balm sparingly to cover the inflicted part and smoothly rub it into the skin 2 to 3 times every day. The total dose smeared ought to be less than 50 g every week. Apply karison oinment with caution on lesions near the eye. Take care to prevent it from getting into the eye.When clobetasol ointment alternative is used over extensive areas for prolonged periods or under dressings that don't breathe, an adequate amount of the ointment will likely suck into circulation and bring about unwanted reactions. Therefore, it’s advisable to apply clobetasol propionate ointment 0.05 solely for short-term phases and stop using it once the problem clears.This ointment shouldn’t be applied under dressings that don't breathe.In case you haven’t felt better in your skin after a week, discontinue using the balm and contact a specialist.It’s vital to use this balm precisely as directed by your clinician. In case you fail a dose, rub it on straight away and carry on with your fixed program. When it’s just about time for your subsequent dosage, do away with the missed dosage and carry on with your consistent dosing routine. Don’t rub in a double dosage to recompense the one missed. In the event, you aren’t sure what to do after an omitted dose, speak to a clinician or dispensing chemist for guidance. Using Clobex ointment
- You usually apply a thin layer of Karison 1 or 2 times a day. This may be reduced as your skin begins to get better, or stopped when it is better.
- This ointment is solely for application on your skin.
- Don’t use on huge areas of the body for a long period (such as every day for many weeks or months). If you need treatment for a lengthy period, your doctor may decide you need to use a milder cream or ointment.
- The germs that cause infections like warm and humid conditions under dressings so always clean the skin prior to a fresh dressing.
- In case you are applying the balm on someone else make sure you rinse hands after application or wear disposable plastic gloves.
- If your skin problem does not improve in 2 to 4 weeks, talk to your clinician.
Clobetasol propionate ointment 0.05 may be obtainable under numerous product names including karison ointment and in a number of diverse forms. Besides, some forms of this drug may not be appropriate for entire disorders.Clobetasol propionate ointment or clobex ointment price is $15. You can buy clobetasol propionate ointment here.